Looking for Xcode For Windows? You’re in luck!
There are a lot of operating systems available for today’s computer, but the famous ones are Windows, MAC OS, Linux, Ubuntu, etc. These operating system first evolved as an assembly language input taking the computer and later got modified into a user-friendly interface, the main thing which plays an important role in user-friendliness is the application and software with a great user interface which makes our daily task easier and more efficient through the options they provide.
There are a lot of software developed by the OS developers itself, which are more than enough for everyone, but still, there are developers from all over the globe developing third party software to make the user experience, even more, easier and sophisticated. The app or software development process is easy in Linux, windows and other operating systems, but when it comes to MAC OS, the Xcode IDE is used to develop apps for all Apple products and it is only accessible in MAC OS.
Xcode is an Integrated development environment designed by Apple for developers to develop applications for their MAC OS, iOS, TV OS, watch OS, etc. The latest version of Xcode is Xcode 9 with a lot of improvements and added some great features. But, one of the main drawbacks of Xcode from other windows and Linux IDE is that you cannot use Xcode on other operating systems like Windows and Linux, so in this post, I will walk you through on a detailed guide on how to install and use Xcode on windows.
However, you cannot run your Xcode IDE on a windows or a Linux machine, but if you are a developer then you will definitely know, nothing is impossible in computer field, likewise you can use MAC OS stimulators on windows and Linux to run MAC OS on windows or Linux and then install Xcode in it and use it on windows to develop applications for Apple products.
Similar Post: Xcode 9 New Features And Download Links!!
This process of running Xcode on other operating systems and developing an application for Apple products consists of two parts, one is installing MAC OS on a virtual workstation on Windows or Linux, then the second part is installing Xcode on the virtual MAC OS. In this post, I will guide you through the exact process of how to install MAC OS on windows OS using a virtual workstation and develop applications in it using Xcode 9.
Xcode For Windows: How to Install Xcode 9 on Windows?
Part – 1: Installing MAC OS on VMware Virtual Workstation in Windows 7/8/10
This is the toughest part of the whole process, so make sure that you follow all the instructions while setting up your virtual MAC OS on VMware. Before you start, you will need 2 files to get started with, one is the VMware setup file and the other is MAC OS X image file, the official links to download both the files are given below, download them both before you start the installation process.
Link to download VMware Virtual Workstation: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
Link to download MAC OS X image file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qvbvjcrafva9vvx/OSX-Mavericks.iso
After downloading both the above-mentioned files, do as instructed in the steps below.
Open the VMware software executable file and install the software, give inputs to the file location and other things as per your need and wish.
Now, after successful installation of VMware software,
- open the MAC OS image file via VMware software so that the image file will be mounted to the software and the setup will begin.
- You will be prompted to enter a new name for your operating system, Give the name as you wish and select the Type of the OS as MAC OS X and version as MAC OS X (64 bit), if you are using a 32-bit windows, then use 32-bit only if you are using 64-bit system, then you can use 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Click Next, in this page you will be asked to enter your required RAM and Hard disk size for your virtual workstation, the minimum requirements are 1GB RAM and 30 GB Hard disk space, enter it and click next.
- In next page, you have to choose the type of installation of your workstation, choose VDI or Virtual Disk Image and continue to next step.
- Now, you have to select a location on your computer where you want to install the virtual image for MAC OS, choose a directory and continue to next step.
That’s it, the installation process will take a while according to your computer’s processing speed, and the MAC OS will be virtually mounted in your VMware Workstation.
Now, you will be asked to create an Apple ID and you have to enter all other information for first boot and after you do everything, the OS will finally be booted up!
The first part of the process, that is, creating a virtual mounted MAC OS on your windows machine is complete, now move on to the next part of the process.
How To Install Xcode on Windows!
Part – 2: Installing Xcode on Virtually mounted MAC OS X
- After you complete the first part of the process, you will now have a fully functional virtually running MAC OS X with all the native features working, so now comes the easy part of installing the Xcode in your MAC OS X.
- There is a complexation in this part, unlike other operating systems apple doesn’t allow anyone to download Xcode, you can even download it from external sources, but you cannot login to use the IDE if you are not registered as a developer in their website, so make sure that you register there and official download the software using the link given below.
- Open your virtual workstation MAC OS X and then open the safari browser in it and open the following link mentioned below and then register and download Xcode 9.
- Link to download Xcode 9 from Apple’s site: http://www.apple.com/support/
After successfully downloading the Xcode 9 software, install it and open the application, you will be asked to enter the root credentials, enter everything and sign into your Xcode 9 IDE.
- Now, you will have a fully functional Xcode 9 IDE running on a windows machine.
That’s it, you have successfully installed Xcode on the windows machine, if you face any errors or issues while setting up Xcode on windows using this process, then feel free to comment below, we will help you out.
- How To Install GCC Without XCode in Mac OS X
- Install Xcode Developer Tools Command Line in OS X
- Xcode 9 New Features And Download Links!!